We understand the challenges of growing a business at a sustainable pace.
- From the N.C. Small Business Center Network:
How to Develop a Business Plan: A Guide for Established Businesses
Information for Expanding a Business.
- From UNC's Small Business & Technology Development Center: Specialized resources to Grow Your Business, including:
Strategy and Organizational Development tools that help owners and managers identify priorities and strategies to evaluate their company in areas such as management vision, finance, marketing, human resources, operations and information technology.
Forums and other training events that assist companies in strategic planning and positioning to help them gain long-term competitive advantage.
- NC LEAP (North Carolina Lawyers for Entrepreneurs Assistance Project)
- Southeastern OSHA Training Institute (OTI) Education Center
Small and mid-size manufacturers face unique challenges. Several state-supported agencies have programs designed to assist with their specific needs:
- N.C. State University's Industrial Extension Service. IES provides education and technical assistance to businesses and industries across the state. IES works one-on-one with small and medium-size manufacturers to help them stay competitive, retain jobs, and increase profits. IES's OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE resource pages include lean enterprise and quality initiatives such as ISO management systems, Six Sigma and more. The SOLUTIONS resource pages include environmental, health and safety management and more.
- IES also provides information about manufacturing and its importance to North Carolina through "Manufacturing Matters."